The Seventh-day Adventist Church has joined the national Let’s Move initiative. Our plan is to mobilize every member and institution to get in step for life and make a significant impact on childhood obesity.
Your involvement is key to ensuring a healthy future for our children. Join the Adventists InStep for Life initiative, and let’s work together to encourage, support, and track commitments to healthier lifestyles.
- Increase physical activity by:
- accumulating 1 million miles through walking and other activities
- helping 60% of Adventist students achieve the NAD and President Active Lifestyle Awards
- Focus on nutrition and increased fruit and vegetable servings by:
- launching 100 summer feeding sites (VBS, camps, community service activities)
- starting 100 vegetable gardens in schools and/or churches (at least one church and one school garden per conference)
- Engage kids, youth, parents, schools, and the community in working together to fight obesity.
Health Ministry Resources
- Ask the Doctors – Answers to Health Questions
(Sponsored by General Conference Health Ministries)
- Loma Linda University – Online MPH Program
- EGW Health Classic Study Guides
- Ministries of Health and Healing Appendices:
- Appendix A: What Seventh-day Adventists Believe about Healthful Living
- Appendix B: Ellen G. White Selected Quotations on Health Ministry
- Appendix C: Seventh-day Adventist Positions on Health Issues
- Appendix D: Adventist Health Speakers
- Appendix E: Books Advocating the Adventist Lifestyle
- Appendix F: Adventist Retirement Facilities and Nursing Homes
- Appendix G: Helplines and Hotlines for Health